Friday, May 17, 2013

Seafood Cove #2

in Westminster, CA


 This place is famous for their dim sum. Cute old ladies walk around pushing carts of food. They stop by your table and ask what you want. You pick what you want and then they point to ten other dishes and ask you "How about this one? You want this one? Or this one? This other one is good. Try this one!" hahaha typical Asian people, pushing you to buy their stuff.



Yum! We ordered more after this hehe




Shrimps wrapped in rice cake. They pour a sweet soy sauce over it. Yummy!



Soup dumplings! I've always to try them and these were my first. Mm, they were okay, Just pork and some broth inside. I'm sure there are better soup dumplings somewhere else.




We thought this was shrimp chumai? ..Mooshoo? 
Ionoe, I don't know the names of dim sum, I just point and eat haha



Inside is pork, shrimp, cabbage, carrots and green onion. 



Shrimp dumplings. I don't like, I let my friends eat this all.



Deep fried taro balls! Soo good. Inside is taro and savory pork and green onion



I loove chinese broccoli. A lot of dim sum dishes are greasy and carb-y, so some veggies balance it out.




Dessert! Egg custard tart. My friend ordered it and they ran out and had to cook it fresh. I swear, took thirty mins to make... -___-



Gasp! Who's that I see?? Mitt Romney! 



Dang, I personally think Romney is cray cray but he is one good looking man!



Yeah, this guy totally looks like Romney.
I made Alina "pose" for the camera and snuck picures of the man hahaha. I was really going to go up to him and tell him he's Romney's doppelganger buttt ADD set in haha. We got up to leave and my friend left the to go boxes on the table so I had to run back and get them and then I forgot LOL

Overall, Seafood Cover #2 is delicious in my book! Honestly though, I can't tell the difference between restaurant dim sum and the $1.50 dim sum at the supermarkets haha. Dim sum at Seafood Cove 2 was like.. `$2-$3 each. Not bad, but supermarket dim sum cheaper hahaha. AND, they charged us $3.25 for a pot of tea! Tea is usually like $1. I don't mind the price but they immediately brought it to us in the beginning so we thought it was complimentary. And when I voiced my surprise, the man just looked at us and said "..everything okay?" Dang sneaky people -_- But I suppose it's a minimal thing. I'll still come back, for the Mitt Romney lookalike!

No comments:

Post a Comment