Friday, May 17, 2013

Birthday dinner! Loving Hut Vegan


Holla for a dolla! Or more like holla for a dinner! Two of my friends treated me out to dinner this weekend for my birthday, such nice friends :)

My friend Lynn goes to school in San Bernandino and was in town this week. She wanted to take me out to an Italian place but I didn't know and requested vegetarian food right when she said she'd take me out hahah.

So we went to Loving Hut Vegan in Huntington Beach, CA. I've been here a couple of times when I was veggietarian, but it's been a long time!

Cute wall decor


The counter dun look too pretty, but the rest of the restaurant is cute in a simple Ikea way



My drink! Happy Go Lucky: Strawberry cactus rose drink



So cutee!! I love pink, girly things. I take a sip, eww. It's very artificial and sweet.



Here's Lynn, being Lynn! hahah

Cutie!


Pale one lost in the snow! That's a name I came up for her during our first year of college. 
I used to make fun of her soo much for being light skinned haha, so mean.


Chipmunk baby! 



Okay girl, stop posing for the camera and drink your drank. She got a "cucumber drink". Cucumber with ice and lemon. Interesting, but needs some sugar.



People on Yelp rave about their Avocado nuggets, so we ordered them as an appetizer. Plus I love avocado! 




Inside. It's aiight. Underwhelming. Just breaded avocado nuggets. Not really salted.




My portabello burger! 
Whole Portabello mushroom with lettuce, tomato, onion, whole wheat bun, and sweet potato fries.
Ugh, the lighting and the all white decor made for some BEAUTIFUL pictures. I love my cammie :')


Hello good looking. 

Last time I came here, my sister ordered this and it was soo good! 
I've been craving it  for a long time. It was delicious. 
A lot of places half ass their veggie burger but not here. 
In addition to the huge, juicy portabello mushroom, they sautee bits of mushroom, green bell pepper, onions and put that in the burger. So delicious and flavorful.
However, the portabello mushroom is super fresh so when you bite into the burger, a bunch of juice comes out, making for a soggy burger if you're not careful. no bueno




Lynn's food! Veggie "chicken" lemon with capers. So much parsley lol



Side shot. 

It's funny because Loving Hut is labelled as Vietnamese food on Yelp, yet I had a burger and Lynn had Italian food haha. Her dish was just okay to me. She said mine was better and I agree. I'm not a big fan of soy protein and the sauce was not as flavorful as I'd like.




Afterwards, Lynn wanted to go shopping for shoes and we bought matching sandals hahah so cute!! Guess which feet are mine and Lynn's. Keep in mind that Lynn is the pale one lost in the snow ;) It's funny cause Lynn doesn't dress super girly and I thought she hated pink? But she ended up buying sandals with a big fat pink bow on top haha. I love spending time with Lynn. She's super adorable and insightful. She lives in San Bernandino so I don't get to see her often :( So when I do see her... I like her even more haaha.
 Thank you for din din Lynn! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment