Thursday, May 16, 2013

Kracie Popin' Cookin'!

A few weeks ago, I was watching a video of one of my favorite bloggers, Xiaxue. Basically, there's these Japanese kits where you can make candy food, out of powder! I love random kitschy things so I ordered two kits online and they came!



Sushi kit and Hamburger kit 




All you need is water and something to put the candy sushi on. I though my wooden sushi roller would be cute.



What's inside the box: a bunch of different powders, a tray, spatula, dropper, and "seaweed"




First you pour out the powder



Then add water and stir.


Tadah! Sushi "rice!"


I made "tamago," egg sushi




Tuna "sushi"




My cute helper! 
My little sister. Jk, not cute. I originally wanted to do a video but my sister kept trying to eat the sushi lol and saying inappropriate things so that didn't work out...



This one is so cool! You put the orange powder in one section and some white powder in another section.


Then you drop some of the orange liquid into the other liquid and balls form! So cool!! 
Totally looks like salmon roe. I was too eager and made some "special" eggs with bubbles in them haha.



Done! Time for sushi



Seaweed! Basically it's... like edible play-doh lol. 
Effing blogger, it randomly rotates my pictures and I don't know how to fix it!!



Time to make sushi! My sister's uneven tamago haha




Looks just like egg sushi!



Tuna sushi :) 



"salmon roe"







Ahh, so cute!!


My sushi :) So adorable



My sister posing with the sushi. Such a weirdo...


You can even add "soy sauce"


My "special" salmon roe hahah



The instructions on the box are written in Japanese, so I had to look up English instructions online. Japanese people are so polite, it's hilarious. In just one step, they say "please" four times LOL!

Overall, making the sushi was fun. It's so cool to just mix water and powder and see all this form. Well... I know it's just grape-flavored gelatin but still cool! The sushi doesn't taste too bad either. Would I eat it again? No haha. But it's not disgusting. The sushi rice is good :} Tastes like grape chewy candy. Plus, now I have embarassing videos of my sister to blackmail her with muahah

No comments:

Post a Comment