Monday, May 20, 2013

Just some thoughts

I've recently picked up painting as a hobby. I started last week? And I've been painting every day. There's something about picking up a brush, dabbing in some paint, and swirling against canvas, seeing colors come to life. When I paint, I know what I'm doing. I can see the outcome of every action. I've gone through a lot of personal things this year. It's hard, to see your life change when you didn't plan it, when you didn't prepared and weren't ready for it. And even though you aren't ready for any of it, you suddenly have to grow up and face those problems and deal with them. Life can't just stop so you can take some time and think about how to do things. You have to do, do, do and rush, rush, rush. Even though I wasn't ready. Painting is my little sanctuary. I can get away from everything. Just close my door, sit at my desk, and just create for hours. I can be in control. And when something doesn't go right, I know just how to fix it. I just get some more paint and go over the mistake. Cover it up and everything is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment