Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mochi paints: Totoro and friend

Today's my birthday yayy. Actually, I don't really celebrate my birthday haha. I just took the day off, went to the movies with my sisters and watched The Great Gatsby (which
I loved!), shopped, and bought supplies to...


Paint! I've been in an artisty mood, although the only class I've taken is beginning ceramics during my sophmore year of college. I'm planning to take beginning painting classes in the summer, but they don't start until June/July boo. Since it's my birthday, I treated myself to this muahah. Since I'm starting off as a complete beginner, I wanted to do something relatively easy so I won't screw up too badly. 

My inspiration:
Totoro, all asian kids and most kids in general definitely watched this growing up. How can you not love Totoro?

My freehand sketch

Outlining in black paint. Looks so simple and cute!


The end result...


Tadah! So cuttee right?! RIGHT?! Kay... honestly, it looked better before all the color boo. I used canvas paper and not actually canvas, so the paint was blotchy in some random areas, like the sky and Totoro's right cheek. He has a birthmark :} Regardless, I'm happy with my painting. So adorable ahh! Okay, I know it looks like something a kid could paint, but it was freaking hard! You see the shading on the totoros? Thats not just the light okay? I added those dimensions with my waonderful skills, kay! For my very first painting, I'm quite pleased with it. Yay, asian face! <(^_^)> Since finals are over in a week, I'll definitely spend lots of my summer painting more. Hopefully progressing to things besides children's cartoons haha. I have some food pics to post. Also a Mitt Romney look alike! I'm about to go to a late Japanese bbq dinner with my boss and coworkers, so update later!

No comments:

Post a Comment