Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Wish List: Yamashiro in Los Angeles

Once upon a time, long, long ago when my boyfriend still tried to impress me (again, long long time ago. JK dear!), he told me he'd take me to this beautiful Japanese restaurant in LA that sits on top of a mountain. I just looked at him funny and said "are you crazy, we live in California. There's no freaking magical restaurant on top of a mountain." Then he made me goggle Yamashiro Restaurant and I fell in love! It really is a restaurant on top of a mountain!! Okay, well, not a mountain, more like a hill... overseeing the business buildings of LA... but close enough! According to their website, the restaurant was the backdrop for several movies like Memoirs of a Geisha. Just look at it!






Classy shizz, no? But the best part is the dining courtyard!



Wahh so gorgeous! Diners sit around a very Zen garden that lies in the middle of the restaurant. So beautiful and romantic!

Oh and their food looks good as well lol.


"Darth Vadar Roll" with black rice

Wagyu beef cooking on a block of Himalyan salt

Miso chipotle lamb rack


 But gosh damn it, that courtyard! 



Imagine my disappointment when I learn that it's rated $$$ on yelp. I'm only a poor starving college student! Actually, I spend quite a lot of money on food. It's a bit embarassing how much of my paycheck go towards eating out as opposed to important things (like paying off my credit card debt) but Yamashiro would be a stretch for one meal. BUT THAT COURTYARD.


Maybe some day I'll sit in that courtyard and dine on overpriced steak, but for now it remains on my wishlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment